I bought 6500 email addresses that they guaranteed would all be valid and even offered to replace the ones that came back invalid. I went back and forth with them on price and finally decided to do it.

I don't use a bulk email server and instead sent out independent emails one by one. After sending 18 of them, over half came back undeliverable. 3 were businesses that hadn't been in business for years. The biggest red flag was that there was a HUGE percentage of @aol.com addresses which I haven't seen in decades.

I contacted them for a refund, they said that if I could show an undeliverable rate of over 10% they would happily refund me. I sent out an email blast and 15% of them came back undeliverable. I sent Matt Waechter matt.waechter@exactdata.com a screen shot of the 15% rate. He never responded.

4 more emails and 2 voicemails later he still hasn't responded.

I now have to go through the 90 day chargeback process because Matt refuses to uphold his end of the deal. Do yourself a favor and don't do business with Exactdata!

Product or Service Mentioned: Exact Data Email Marketing Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Worthless info sent to me.

Comments

UnnaturalBeetle

I've also had a similar problem with the list they gave me. It was 90% inaccurate and just gave me problems at the end with people I had contacted through that list.

I was wondering if you could tell me a little more about what kind of list they gave you and if you tried to do something to fix the problem? I'm not sure what I can do, but could use some advice

to UnnaturalBeetle #1515461

This was a list of bar and restaurant owners. The weird thing is I thoroughly research every company I get involved with and for some reason I didn't with them.

There wasn't much I could do to solve the problem. Because the list was worthless, the only thing I could request was a full refund.

By the way this was the beginning of March, it's July now and the chargeback is still pending.A 5 second Google search will show the insane amount of pissed off customers. My bad for even being this dumb.

to Anonymous #1515788

Unfortunately I made the same mistake of not researching this company as well as I would have liked. They completely screwed me over with the leads I was given for real estate purposes.

I know it's not the same leads as yours, but I was wondering if I could speak to you about it a little more privately?

Especially to the fact that your chargeback is still pending after all this time, which means now I know I'll have an even bigger problem fighting this, but anyways if you'd be okay with it can I get you email and/or send you mine and maybe we can help each other out somehow? Couldn't hurt

to UnnaturalBeetle #1516046

sure, reach out anytime scottsdalewebdesigner@gmail.com

I am sorry but I do not feel sorry for anyone who buys email addresses in order to send people unsolicited and unwanted email. Those would be the first that I would delete, block and report as spam.

to Anon #1515583

I feel sorry for you Anon. Lists are exactly how you are targeted....dont be Anon!!!

to Insearchoflists #1515597

I'm guessing you've also been a target to exact data's horrible service? What lists did they give you that didn't end up being as accurate as we all hoped ours would have been?